A heavily gestating young mum dropped dead whilst cleaning her pegs, barely two days after doctors sent her home from the hospital with a clean bill of health.
Jade Glen, 22, was eight months pregnant when she was discovered dead in her parents”s home on Monday by friends who went to find out why she wasn’t responding to her telephone.
They looked through the letterbox and found her 18 month old son Mickey rambling about inside, but couldn’t see his mum.
Jade’s father Floyd Glen, 52, returned to the home and discovered his daughter dead on the bathroom floor.
Her family believes she had been cleaning her teeth as the cold faucet was still flowing and her toothbrush was next to her.
The young mum had been discharged from Medway Hospital in May following eight days of medical care for a suspicious blood clot.
She returned to the hospital on Saturday because she was feeling ill, however, after being reviewed, was sent home once again.
Jade, from Gillingham, Kent, was expected to give delivery in July, but her unborn daughter, whom she was going to name Dolly May, died with her.
Her startled and devastated family say her unexpected death has left them with numerous unanswered questions.
Her boyfriend Michael Arnold, 28, a tradesman, stated: “She was my golden girl, my rock.
He simply cannot comprehend why the doctors let her out, because she was unmistakably unwell, however, they told her she was okay, and the hospital has got a number of questions to answer.
Jade has been defined as beautiful, bubbly, and she loved her music, and the family just can’t accept she’s gone.
It is pleasing to know that she spent her last few hours with her son Mickey, and that she got to take him to his first day at playschool on Friday and she was so pleased to be able to do that because her son Mickey was her whole universe.
She had purchased a number of things for her new baby Dolly and everything was ready.
Jade’s Facebook page has also been inundated with eulogies, and her family has been submerged with tidings of assistance.
Jade’s family wait for the outcome of a post mortem to discover precisely how she died. Her passing has been forwarded to the coroner.
Sadly this will be the third article I have written about hospital blunders, which doesn’t present me with much self-confidence or faith in the National Health Service, which at one time signified that this was the spine of our community because it was the testimonial that our nation was not restricted politically of any pressures, particularly where our ailing, aged and physically challenged were concerned.
It does trouble me that this sort of thing is going on in our hospitals, and what was formerly a shelter for our sick, and has promptly become a lunatic asylum run by simpletons, and I’m sure I’m not alone in this thought. You don’t have to be clever to recognize what is going on with our National Health policies. For its structure is now out of order, and needs to be molded back into what it was previously.