The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family, Buckingham Palace has said in a statement.
The Queen confirmed that they wouldn’t continue with the duties and responsibilities that come with a life of public service.
The decision was made following discussions between Harry and members of the Royal Family.
The pair’s obligations and responsibilities, such as honorary military appointments and Royal patronages, will be returned to the Queen and will then be distributed among working members of the Royal Family.
And Buckingham Palace said in a statement that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family.
It was said that following discussions with the Duke, the Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of the Royal Family it’s not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.
And that honorary military appointment and Royal patronages held by the Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among serving members of The Royal Family.
And that while they’re all saddened by their decision, the Duke and Duchess remain much-loved members of the family.
The couple announced their decision to step back from royal engagements in January last year, stating that they would be starting a new life as financially independent royals.
They formally stepped down as senior members of the British royal family on 1 April 2020 and have since given up the use of their royal titles and relocated from London to California.
A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said that as evidenced by their work over the past year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remained dedicated to their commitment and service to the United Kingdom and around the world, and had extended their continued support to the organisations they’ve represented regardless of official role.
Since stepping down from their duties, the Sussexes have signed deals with Spotify and Netflix expected to be worth more than £100 million.
The Duke and Duchess newly announced they’re expecting a second child, with their spokesperson saying they can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother.
The announcement also follows Meghan Markle winning a privacy case against the Mail on Sunday over the publication of a personal and private handwritten letter to her estranged father.
I think Harry’s mother Diana would have been happy about his decision, but also extremely upset that he’s no longer close to his brother William because she would have wanted them to stick together.
But it looks like Harry is shielding his wife and family from what his mother had to endure, and she would be so proud of him. He should be happy with his beautiful ever-growing family.
Although, there are some people out there that are saying that they’re just after the money, with deals coming out of their ears, such as Netflix and such. However, like everyone else, they have to live because they made the decision not to live off the British taxpayer, and now people are treating them like criminals because of it. It just doesn’t make any sense.
However, you could barely call them socially aware while living in a 14 million mansion, because of course, it’s easy to be a do-gooder when you’re loaded – perhaps it just eases their conscience.